Depth Perception Apparatus
The Depth Perception Apparatus tests depth perception acuity. Depth perception is the ability to see the world in three dimensions and to perceive distance (the ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object).
The Depth Perception Apparatus represents the state-of-the-art in sensation and perception measurement technology, and offers feature-packed high performance, functionality, accuracy, ease-of-use, and expandability.
Good depth perception is critical among people engaged in certain occupations, trades, or professions, i.e. airplane and helicopter pilots, crane operators, bus drivers, athletes etc. Since good depth perception is so important to these professions, testing devices that can determine the quality of an individual’s depth perception are essential for use in the employment selection process. Furthermore, the Depth Perception Apparatus can be found in hundreds of psychology laboratories worldwide, where they are used for research, as well as demonstrations for sensation and perception classes.
The subject uses a digital joystick to adjust one vertical rod housed in an aluminum case. Adjustments are made in order to place rods at equal distance from the subject or to place one rod at a determined distance behind the other. An illuminated housing (high-intensity LED light) eliminates all depth cues, so the subject must judge depth based on visual perception alone.
- Controls: LCD and keypad control plus digital joystick for controlling displacement
USB port for serial communication (when available, the software will be supplied at no charge)
- High intensity LED light
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Ergonomic joystick for FF, BW, Start and Stop functions
- Allows for time and accuracy measurements (+ or -)
- Built from high-quality components manufactured in USA, Japan, Germany, Italy
- Ergonomic handles for easy carrying
- Materials: stainless steel, aluminum, HDPE, and Plexiglass
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11’’ x 10’’ x 27’’
- Current: 10 amps / 220 - 110Volts 60 Hz
- Weight: approximately 24.3 pounds (11 kg)
- Accuracy: 1mm – 0.5mm
- Ports: USB (B)
- High Intensity calibrated white LED
- Available for 110V and 220V countries
- Instruction manual available in English and Spanish
Email For Quotation!
||Depth Perception Apparatus
||Email for quotation
* * * For Products with Retail Price, Please Order from Our Online Retail Shop: Rehabshop.com.sg * * *
Listed are retail price only, for healthcare institutions and dealers, please email us for quotation